twenty facts about me, as tagged by @dindiepop and, i think, also @bouncyunicorn a while ago:
1. i don’t like to capitalize letter in my personal whinting (whine writing).
2. i loveee storage management and this probably an extension of my obsession to declutter and compartmentalize things (but hopefully not to fellow human being), e.g. books by authors, clothes by type, pattern and color.
3. i am curious about skincare and makeup but had never succeeded in forcing myself to commit to regular use – particularly after a son. in larger picture, i’ve always had problem realizing a commitment that will require me setting up a routine to develop a certain skill; drawing is a good example.
4. yes, a mother now. to a super-active boy and a child-like husband. we’ll be forever young.
5. to keep up with the news and trend and such, i subscribed to many newsletters from various news outlets, consultancy firms, bookstores, online shops, job-listing companies, music websites, etc. i was excited at the beginning but now i mostly deleted the emails after just reading the subjects. i know it would be better if i’d just unsubscribe but i feel like i might need the references provided in those newsletter someday. i might need to sign up to e-mail hoarder anonymous.
6. that said, i don’t keep up with any pop culture trend any more. in fact, my music, book and movie references in recent years have been stagnated and even moving backward. i’m very off-tracked, i don’t know who’s who now.
7. a natural born lazy person who always on the hunt for the luxury of being lazy. the baby is crying? lay him down – shove boobs – mama sleeps.
8. on the other hand, laziness forces me to work more efficiently under a certain quality level (so i could get more free time).
9. i grew up surrounded with books and always thought that books are precious god-given miracles (ha-ha) because i only get mine after scoring good school grades, so, i don’t understand people who don’t read. expand this to people who are not curious enough to find details by looking up for references in this internet of things era (ahem). apart from work, i’ll be satisfied even with wikipedia. humor me.
10. i also don’t understand smartphone users who (1) only subscribe to the so-called social media internet package – hmm, i do understand that each person is unique and has different needs but still…; (2) whose phones displayed notification of hundreds unread e-mail.
11. i care about what people are saying to me. as possibly every other new mom in the world, i have better understanding that words can hurt after giving birth. while my pregnancy has been relatively easy, the first months of being a parent were not and some people have exacerbated this by offering unwanted advice. that period taught me that no one really know what’s going on with other people’s live and condition. in this regard, i learn to implement these wise words from spongebob squarepants, who some said to apparently paraphrase nietzsche: let go of what kills you and hold on to what keeps you breathing.
12. i want to be smart and smarter and smarter, but you know that there’s always another sky above the highest sky. this is a perpetual challenge. maybe i could just settle by acquiring the correct accessories.
13. always experience internal conflict when i saw people alighting from a public minivan at a random stop which then caused a traffic jam. here you people asked for better traffic, less congestion but maintained that behavior? but then i realized i most time when i was using public transportation did that too so i kept my mouth shut.
14. i google myself and quite pleased with the results. yes, i’m vain like that. je me lance, vers la gloire.
15. i love online personality and trivial quizzes such as, who is your celebrity husband (jarvis cocker), what is my fantasy character, etc. they are a waste of time sometimes but time you enjoy wasting is not wasted, right?
16. i tend to look at the best in people. i’m trying too as my current occupation provides a glimpse to the opposite side of life. you cannot help being paranoid when reading reports about crime, crime and crime everywhere with any kind of possible causes and schemes. in my day to day life, this means i could easily forgive those who are mean. am i nice or what?
17. always think of what have i done wrong when checking my spam folders and seeing the viagra or casual sex offers. i rarely get fraudulent e-mails.
18. with the exception of eating seafood, i don’t know what i’m supposed to do to spend more than two hours at beaches. i don’t really like to be exposed to the sun so strolling (without parasol because i’d look funny holding one at any given beach) and swimming are naturally off the options.
19. my mom’s wardrobe has more colors than mine.
20. still a judgmental person.